Esports now sellout in-person tournaments at LA’s Staples Center, where the Lakers and Kings play, and boast tens of millions of worldwide television viewers.
With an allstar board of advisors and proven turnkey solution, Battlefy launches today for Esports players everywhere to organize players, teams and tournament brackets.
Their funding includes backing from Hollywood A-list William Morris and Deep Fork Capital. Battlefy is a graduate of the Amplify LA accelerator.
For all the coverage click through below:
- Battlefy, a “Pickaxe” for eSports, Raises $1.3 Million Seed Round -- Recode
- Esports tournament-management startup Battlefy raises $1.3M in seed funding -- Venturebeat
- Battlefy CEO Jason Xu gets Hollywood investment in Esports -- Chicago Tribune
- Pro Gamin Platform Battlefy Gets $1.3M from US Investors -- BetaKit
- Esports Tournament-Management Platform Battlefy Enters Public Beta -- Gamasutra
- Battlefy Locks In for Public Beta, eSports Tournament-Management Platform -- Structure Gaming
- Vancouver E-sports Startup Battlefy Raises $1.3 Million Seed Funding Round -- Techvibes
- Esports Tournament-management Platform Battlefy is Entering Its Public Beta -- ReadyUp Gaming
- Battlefy Founder Jason Xu Hopes To Simplify Esports -- GameSkinny
- Battlefy Finds $1.3M -- SocalTech
*UPDATE: 2/18/14 -- Jason was asked by serial entrepreneur and veteran podcast host Jason Calacanis to come on This Week in Startups (TWiST)! View the episode here.